The MySQL curriculum team works within the documentation and curriculum organization to create training materials, tutorials, and other informative content for the MySQL family of products. The MySQL team is global, and remote working is possible in some locations.
We are looking for a curriculum developer to design and develop courseware and tutorials for the MySQL family of products, in collaboration with Oracle University and the MySQL product team.
Duties of a MySQL Curriculum Developer include:
* Designing and creating courseware as part of the MySQL curriculum, supporting new and existing products
* Developing tutorial content in web, print, and video media
* Coordinating and evaluating contributions (content and review) from collaborators within the curriculum and product teams
* Engaging with quality, editorial, and publishing teams
* Developing evaluation and certification questions for use within training media and in Oracle Certified Professional exams
* Delivering pilot and train-the-trainer events
This role is suited to candidates who have demonstrated initiative, an ability to learn complex topics quickly, and a track record of working both independently and as part of a large organization.
* Excellent written English and the ability to communicate technical information clearly and concisely
* Significant experience in developing technical training content and procedural tutorials
* Significant experience with MySQL or another relational database platform
* Experience with administering and troubleshooting problems with Windows and Linux
* Some experience with screencasting tools
* Some experience with server-side web programming
* Some experience with virtualization platforms such as VirtualBox or Oracle VM Server
* Some experience with cloud computing, in particular PaaS
* Some experience with containers and orchestration
* Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning principles
* Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
* Strong time management skills and professionalism
* Experience with a variety of communication tools
* Experience collaborating with a globally-distributed and diverse team
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Develops courseware to support new and existing products, often though not exclusively in conjunction with Product Division.
Coordinate and evaluate development contributions from other courseware development team members. Develop certification questions for use in the Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) exams. Solicit & incorporate feedback from reviews and training events. Deliver training at train-the-trainer and pilot events.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Bachelor*s Degree in Computer Science or Instructional Design. Four years adult education experience (as teacher or curriculum developer). Seven years technical or professional experience using Oracle products or related software. Strong SQL and PL/SQL knowledge and experience. Knowledge of XML, Java, and J2EE technologies. Experience with Oracle9i Database administration. Knowledge of Oracle9i Application server.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salaryverification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).