In this role you will be responsible for initiating, performing and reporting Modeling and Simulation (M&S) projects. You will do this for Exprimo’s clients in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, making sure that the projects are executed to the highest scientific quality and offer value to the clients.
· You will be the project lead consultant on M&S projects: you run M&S projects of the highest scientific quality, which have an impact on our clients drug development decisions:
o Scoping projects in discussion with clients, making sure that the questions and needs of the client can be met by the suggested analysis.
o Writing analysis plans.
o Performing data management, graphical exploratory analysis, model building, model qualification and simulations.
o Presenting the results to the client in a clear and convincing way, which answers the needs and questions previously defined while making sure that the level of the presentation is suitable for the intended audience.
o Reporting and, when applicable, publishing the results of the analysis in a format that clearly displays the technical and scientific quality of the work.
o Communicating with the client throughout the project, responding to client requests and questions in a timely manner.
o Co-ordinating and guiding the work of other Consultants working in the project, helping them to deliver work of high quality and to agreed timelines.
o Planning the project to fit within agreed timelines, making sure that Exprimo management is aware of any delays or lack of resource.
· You contribute to internal scientific discussions and project reviews, methodology and infra-structure development. You suggest, initiate and lead initiatives when opportunities for new technologies, growth in specific areas of drug-development or needs for improved methodologies are found.
· You keep technical skills and scientific knowledge of the area up-to-date. You maintain a public profile, including writing publications, presenting to conferences, giving courses and contributing to industry-wide initiatives.
· You contribute to maintaining and growing the project pipeline for Exprimo by discussing with potential and current clients, suggesting projects, estimating resource requirements, and writing and following up quotations.
· You stay up-to date with, and follow, applicable regulatory standards. You follow the standard operating procedures and operating instructions of Exprimo.
Typically, a PhD or master in the area of pharmacokinetics, pharmacometrics or statistics plus about 5 years relevant experience in modelling & simulation (background in PBPK modeling is a strong plus)
You have the ability to quickly interpret literature in a new area, to summarize documentation and available clinical and pre-clinical data, and to translate these into putative models.
- You have thorough knowledge and extensive practical experience in advanced use of modelling software such as NONMEM and MONOLIX, statistical analysis software such as R and SAS, and simulation software such as TS2, Madonna and SIMULO;
- You have an in-depth understanding regarding drug development projects;
- You have a good basic knowledge of statistics, pharmacology and physiology;
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills;
- You have a critical mind and can act analytical in diverse situations;
- Excellent English writing and talking skills are required.
And of course, all of this comes with good management and planning skills allowing to execute a project, either independently or as a head of a team of consultants, to the highest scientific quality within agreed timelines.
What we have to offer:
Were you already considering a switch or next step in your career?
Maybe this could be your next step!
At SGS you can count on an interesting position where you can take responsibility.
Come enjoy our fun team of colleagues and on top of that, we will reward you with an interesting salary package (incl. retirement plan, meal vouchers, …)
Do you want to be part of this?
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Send us your story and your resume via the apply button and maybe you will soon join us for work and coffee breaks.
Still have questions? Heidi Aerts can give you more details about the job.
Send her an e-mail at email@example.com