Responsible for performing routine and special clinical laboratory testing using automated, semi-automated and / or manual methods and equipment, coordinating and organizing assigned laboratory sections (including Hematology, Chemistry, Urinalysis, Immunoassay, Coagulation and Biomarkers).
Responsibilities will also include : quality control, validation of new assays, new employee training, documentation, own training, instrument owner duties , laboratory equipment use, calibration, maintenance, inventory and sample processing.
1. Perform all routine and special clinical chemistry, hematological, coagulation, and urinalysis, immunological and other tests according to the Standard Operating Procedures.
2. Collect biological samples from study subjects. Process samples for analysis and storage. Oversee the specimen storage inventory.
3. Perform safety inspection of laboratories and surrounding office area as assigned and prepare a report.
4. Instrument Owner : Performs monthly QC report and reviews with Laboratory Quality Coordinator. Maintains reagent and consumable inventory.
Performs lot to lot QC comparison and sets QC ranges. Schedules preventative maintenance. Monitors that maintenance is performed.
Reviews SOPs yearly for relevance and documents review.
5. Assists the Laboratory Manager with the Laboratory Quality Coordinator and Improvement Plan by identifying pertinent quality goals, plans and procedures for measuring and monitoring quality, procedures for responding to insufficient quality and for improving quality by documentation and development.
Implementation of Corrective Actions / Preventive Actions / Immediate Actions if needed.
6. Assist the Laboratory Quality Coordinator with preparation for Internal audits and BELAC audits.
7. Performs Biomarker testing as assigned. QC and analyze the data produced from analysis. Document all analysis on appropriate assay check sheets.
8. Will perform continuing education as assigned
9. Will do EQA (external quality assessment) / proficiency sample testing as assigned
10. Will bring any issue of noncompliance to the attention of Lab Quality Coordinator or the Lab Manager and act to rectify the situation.
11. Investigate any possible sample integrity issue and ensures that it is rectified.
12. Be flexible with the schedule to cover inadvertent times that subjects / volunteers arrive for visits, check-ins, and discharges late.
13. Any additional projects assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
Two to three years’ experience preferred.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.