Wire Harness Design Engineer for TOYOTA project - Automotive
Miasto: Belgium / Belgia
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To develop the vehicle Electrical Distribution Systems in conjunction with customer providing 3D data, harness technical information, design change study data, cost reduction proposals in line with cutsomer’s vehicle development program. To provide advance information to manufacturing facilities ahead of design release to ensure rapid response to meet our customers planning requirements.
A level of specialisation is expected in this role; responsibilities will be defined, and will include:
- Creation of wire harness 3D Data using CATIA V5.
- Creation of wire harness 2D manufacturing drawing using Harness Designer (HD).
- Communicate advance information of all design change to manufacturing facilities.
- Manage wire harness design change in conjunction with customer requirements by creation of ECI (Engineering Changes Instructions) and customer harness drawings.
- Creation of evaluation request documentation to Customer
- Creation of harness TIS (Technical Instruction Sheets) for Toyota Manufacturing sites.
- Creation of WH fixation bracket drawings to bracket suppliers.
- Production of System Circuit schematics to Customer requirements using Zuken Cabling Designer
- Identify earth & load strategies for the vehicle in conjunction with customer.
- Create electrical circuit diagrams based upon Customer supplied system diagrams.
- Conduct RQA (Route Quality Assurance) checks and when necessary provide solutions to problems identified.
- Attend vehicle trials as RE (Resistant Engineer), fault find and countermeasure any harness related concerns.
- Carry out other comparable duties as required by the Line Manager
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Qualifications: HND / degree level in an Electrical / Electronic / Mechanical Engineering and have knowledge of vehicle electrical systems and circuits.
- Proficient in CATIA V5 wiring harness, solids and surface modules.
- Cabling designer experience would be an advantage.
- Motivation and strong personnel organisation to ensure deadlines are met.
- Experience of harness build and manufacturing processes is also desirable.
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels with emphasis on a high degree of Customer contact/liaison.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Additional language skills, especially French, Japanese, Turkish or Dutch would be an advantage.
- Driving License.
- Must be able and willing to travel overseas and spend periods of time at Customer plants
- Be able to work unsociable hours to meet tight deadlines defined by the customer.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
- Safe and Ethical Working
- Customer and Commercial Focus
- Technical Capability
"JOB RELATED" COMPETENCIES:
- Personal Organisation
- Problem solving and Decision making
- Attention to detail
- Commercial Awareness